Pagina's

vrijdag 6 mei 2011

Vintage art

Wallet
For an online competition, I had to design a wallet.
There is a 250 euro price, I hope that there won't be many wallet designers on the read!
I want to buy a camera (and clothes, maybe). I'm still a little too young to have a students job , but in July I'll be 15. For now I'm just hoping to win this... I saw the winners of the previous part, and they were not thàt good...  I have to buy summerdresses ! No, seriously, I need a camera, but I really want to win, at least one of the personalized wallets! (the first ten win these)
About the wallet I really like old posters, vintage drawings, Marilyn Monroe, Audrey Hepburn, newspapers designs, etc... So I combined :) I hope you like it! (I haven't got photoshop, so it took long to fix it, -> there are some imperfections, of course..)


 Pop Art
Pop art I like a lot. Pop art was mostly used in the mid 50s, for comics, advertising...It looks really modern.
It was an art movement that arose because of a certain mentality of freedom, sexuality and woman emancipation. You all know it from images of Marilyn Monroe, Elvis Presley, soup cans, Coca Cola, ...

Roy Lichtenstein He's a great example. You probably saw his art before.


Andy Warhol
 Who has not seen Marilyn Monroe like this before? She hangs on my wall, that's for sure. Monroe has always been an idol to me, but now I'm not so sure if I still adore er so much. :)

Disney Disney is inspiration. Mickey Mouse by Andy Warhol 

Vintage posters
just love it

         Vintage postcards
Yes, they are absolutely not feminist, and I am a feminist (in thoughts), but I like these. I have a whole collection of vintage postcards, not all like these (I could not find the ones I was looking for). One day, I'll scan them and then you'll all see what I'm talking about.






This is the first 'art post'. It's not all about this theme, but I'm tired and I haven't blogged since a week.
Coming up: Black and white photos, newspaper articles, comic books, superheroes, postcards, Keith Haring, and more fashion of course , but fashion is based on art, and to me art is as important as fashion ..
Well, I'll let you know if I won the wallet competition ! Fingers crossed!

1 opmerking:

  1. Great post, I am big vintage lover.
    Also, would like to thank you for a nice comment you left on my blog.
    Wish you nice week ahead.
    xxx from Greece

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen